To student-athletes, coaches, staff, officials, administrators, parents, and patrons:
As we navigate through these uncertain times during the COVID-19 pandemic, we would like you to know that the health and safety of all student-athletes, coaches, staff, officials, administrators, parents and patrons is our No. 1 priority.
When you are in our facilities, we are asking you to adhere with the following guidelines:
1. Per New York State Department of Health guidance, masks or face coverings are required for all participants, coaches, workers, officials, patrons, or anyone entering a Pioneer Central Schools facility. Masks will always be required to be worn, including in the athletic training rooms, practice fields and games fields.
2. Also per NYSDOH guidance, facilities will be limited to TWO spectators per athlete. We ask that you continue to follow all social distancing procedures maintaining six feet of physical distance between individuals.
3. Pioneer Central Schools believes sportsmanship is paramount to the development of our student athletes. At this time, there will be no handshaking, high-fives, hugging or fist bumps between opposing teams, both before and after games. This is to reduce contact as much as possible.
4. There will be no shared towels, clothing, shoes, or water bottles between participants, officials, and coaches.
5. Before, during and after the contest, players, coaches/game officials, team personnel and game administration officials should wash and sanitize their hands as often as possible.
6. Locker rooms will not be available for use. We recommend that teams and officials come dressed and ready to participate in the event.
7. Only necessary personnel will be allowed in the press box, on the sidelines and at the scorer’s tables.
8. When traveling to and from away events, all Pioneer coaches and student-athletes will be required to wear face coverings.
We thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions or concerns before coming to our facilities, please do not hesitate to contact our Athletic Department at (716) 492-9351.
For further detailed information regarding the NYS Department of Health guidance, visit here
Further detailed information from NYSPHSAA regarding return to interscholastic athletics