Pioneer High School will hold Spirit Week October 12-16, culminating with the Homecoming varsity football game on Friday, Oct. 15 vs. Lake Shore (7:00 p.m.).
• Friends of Pioneer Athletes is sponsoring Weidner's Chicken BBQ on Friday, Oct. 15, at 3:45pm. $12 includes chicken, two sides and a roll. Look for them at the maintenance garage.
• Hallway Decorating is back and will take place the week of October 4th-October 8th. Students can view additional details and their assigned decade here.
• Dress-Up Days! Each day of Spirit Week will have a theme for students to participate. Each day's theme can be found here.
• Student Council is planning a Homecoming dance for students on Saturday, Oct. 16, from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m., as a semi-formal. Students are reminded to please dress accordingly.
Tickets to the dance will be $10 and go on sale Oct. 4. Students cannot be failing more than one class. The dance is for high school students only. Those who want to bring someone from another district will have to fill out a guest pass in the office prior to the dance.
• There will be fireworks following the Homecoming game at Memorial Stadium.
• Pioneer Athletic Department will recognize its latest inductees (Joelle Connelly, Kathleen Connelly Thomas and Aaron Meyers) into the Athletics Wall of Fame during the Homecoming game.
• Along with football, the following teams have home games scheduled during Spirit Week:
Tuesday Oct. 12 (all 5pm) – Modified Volleyball, Girls JV & Varsity Soccer, Cross Country;
Wednesday, Oct. 13 – Modified Football at 5:00 p.m.; Modified Field Hockey at 5:00 p.m.; Varsity and JV Volleyball at 5:00 and 6:30 p.m.;
Thursday, Oct. 14 – Varsity Field Hockey at 5:00 p.m.;
Friday, Oct. 15 (all 5:00 p.m.) – Modified Field Hockey; JV Girls Soccer