Pioneer Board of Education members come from a variety of backgrounds and viewpoints, but the one thing they share is a commitment to children in public school.
School Board Recognition Week (Oct. 17-21) is sponsored by the New York State School Boards Association each year. Board member recognition should be a year-round endeavor, but designating one week to highlight these volunteers' efforts ensures they receive some of the thanks they deserve.
Members of the 2022-23 Pioneer School Board are Angela Wiseman, Darla Schwab, President Melissa Nocera-Collins, Linda Rule, Vice President Ed McCarthy, Wendy Warner Burch, Mark Kless, Denise Urbino, and Shawn Hannon.
ABOVE: Shawn Hannon.
The key work of school boards is to raise student achievement by:
- Developing a shared vision and goals for the district
- Ensuring strategies, resources, policies and programs align with district goals
- Assessing and providing accountability for student achievement
- Supporting a healthy school district culture in which to work and learn
- Evaluating the superintendent to ensure continuous improvement
- And much more!
New York Governor Kathy Hochul issued a proclamation officially designating Oct. 17-21 as School Board Recognition. Please thank a Pioneer Board of Education member for their service to the community.