A message from the Pioneer Board of Education:
At the August 16th Board of Education meeting, the Board retained School Leadership LLC to assist in the selection process of a new Superintendent. School Leadership LLC is a regional education consulting firm having completed over one hundred superintendent searches in the New York State and New England areas since its inception in 2004. Dr. Howard Smith and Mr. Allan Berry will be working with the Board to plan for the search, which will include significant community and staff input into the process. Dr. Smith is the former superintendent for the Williamsville and East Aurora Central School Districts. Mr. Berry is the former Director of Personnel and School/Community Relations for the Brockport Central School District. Both have been associated with School Leadership LLC for a number of years.
Dr. Smith and Mr. Berry will be meeting with the Board before the end of September to begin the planning of all search activities. Once the board planning is complete, the results will be shared with the staff and the community. Below are next steps that are expected to commence soon after the Board finalizes the Superintendent search plan.
- Gather data from the staff and community through an online survey.
- Conduct Board-designated stakeholder meetings with the School Leadership LLC consultants to build the leadership profile.
- Stakeholder groups will include students, teachers, administrators, support staff, parents, and other community residents.
- Consultants will analyze the data
- From the Stakeholder conversations and online surveys, the consultants will collect information about the District such as perceived leadership challenges, desired personal characteristics, and professional experiences the next Superintendent should possess.
- Provide summary report to the Board
- It is anticipated that in late October the Board will receive the report which will include recommended position specifications for review and adoption. Board-approved specifications will then be used by the consultants and the Board as a basis for decision-making.
Announcements regarding the online survey and stakeholder group meetings will be forthcoming. Updates regarding the search will continue to be posted on the District website periodically as it progresses.
The Pioneer Board of Education