The School Officer Resource Program
The primary mission of the School Resource Officer is three-fold; formal instruction and presentation, informal consultation pertaining to law enforcement and safety issues, and law enforcement.
The SRO is not intended to serve as a "security officer" in the school, nor is he there to enforce disciplinary policies. The ultimate responsibility is to carry out his duties as a Cattaraugus County Deputy Sheriff, as expressed and interpreted through the Cattaraugus County Sheriff Department's chain of command.
Meet our SRO's
The Pioneer SRO program places a Cattaraugus County Sheriff Deputies in the district during the school year. Our current SRO is Deputy Joe Miller (716-492-9398)
Duties of the School Resource Officer
- To ensure the safety for the students, faculty and staff at Pioneer Schools.
- To counsel students in special situations, such as students suspected of engaging in criminal misconduct, when requested by a school administrator or parents of the student.
- To enforce criminal laws on the Local, State, and Federal levels, and to assist school officials with the enforcement of Policies and Regulations regarding student conduct
- To investigate criminal activity on or around school property
- To answer questions that students may have concerning criminal and juvenile law
- To assist other officer's with outside investigations concerning students
- To provide security at special school events or functions