Each May, Pioneer holds its annual Board of Education election. Nominating petitions are available in March from the district office at the high school.
Who Can Serve?
Board candidates must be:
- At least 18 years old
- Qualified to vote in the district
- Able to read and write
- A Pioneer School District resident for at least 1 full year before the election
- Be a current employee of Pioneer Schools
- Live in the same household with a family member who serves on the same Board of Education.
What qualities make an effective Board member?
- Is an effective communicator
- Is a good listener
- Is a consensus builder
- Is actively involved in the community
- Is a decision maker
- Is a good information processor
- Is a team player
- Is a leader