Its never too early to start planning. Ask yourself...
- What are my dreams and vision of my life as an adult?
- What are my strengths? How will I build upon them to facilitate a successful transition?
- What skills do I need to develop or improve to make progress toward my post-school goals?
- What type of diploma am I seeking? What course of study and exams are required?
- Will I work toward a vocational certificate of completion? Do I want to persue a college education?
- If I am unsure of what my career interests are, what can I do to explore career opportunities and preferences now?
- Will it help me to participate in job shadowing or work experience programs?
- In what school or community activities should I get involved?
- Which agencies in the community can help me with my educational and vocational goals, financial planning, and the overall transition planning process?
- Where do I begin?