Below are the missed session guidelines for Pioneer In-Service Courses. The new protocol begins July 1, 2016, moving forward. If you have any questions and/or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the Director of Curriculum and Instruction.
Course Absences/Make Ups
- Participants who miss 30 minutes or less can arrange with presenter to make up instruction that was missed.
- Participants who know, in advance, of an impending absence or must leave mid-session due to an emergency must follow the protocol listed below in order to receive credit towards their stipend hours.
- Participants who miss 1 session will need prior approval from the Director of Curriculum & Instruction and the course facilitator to make up missed work. The participant will email the Director of Curriculum and Instruction for approval for missing a session. (Please cc: course instructor and Teacher Center.) Participants can print the Course Make Up Session Form (see link on this page) from the Teacher Center website. Please attach a copy of the approval email received to the completed Course Make Up Session Form and submit to the instructor for approval.
- Participants must make up hours on-site and complete the sign-in sheet attached to the Course Make Up Session form within 2 weeks following the date of the missed class.
- Participants will need to review the final product/project completed with the instructor who will initiate the approval process.
- Participants who miss more than 1 session will not be able to make up hours. Participants will need to sign up for a different course. Course fees will be applied to new course.
In lieu of signing up for a different course, if there are extenuating circumstances, participants may appeal to the superintendent for more than one session absence. An appeal form may be obtained from the Department of Curriculum & Instruction. This form will be submitted to the Curriculum Office to initiate the appeal process. The superintendent will make a final decision.