Welcome to Delevan Elementary's technology resources page. Here you will find a listing with brief descriptions of the hardware and software available in the school.
Note – Unless indicated, please reserve these resources through the Resource Reservation System in Lotus Notes.
Elmos (K- 4)
Digital overhead projector that allows you to project solid objects. Very similar to the old opaque projectors.
Smartboards (K- 4)
Interactive whiteboards that allow the manipulation of computer programs such as PowerPoint, Interwrite and Smart Software.
Wireless Chalkboards (K- 4)
Hand held, mobile device that allows you to control your mouse from anywhere in the classroom.
CPS (clickers) (K- 4)
Formative assessment tool that allows students to use hand held remote “clickers” to provide instantaneous feedback to teacher prompts. Can be used for surveys, formal and informal assessments, Jeopardy style review games.
Flip Cameras (K- 4)
Small video cameras that capture up to 2 hours of video. Video is easily downloaded via USB onto your computer for use in web pages, presentations, etc.
Digital Cameras (K-4)
These use digital memory cards, no film. Pictures are easily downloaded using memory card readers. Reserve through the LMC.
Memory Card Readers (K-4)
Read digital camera memory cards, allowing you to download pictures from your camera onto your computer. Sign out through LMC.
Polycom Cart (K-4)
Mobile Virtual Field Trip carts. These enable you to participate in Virtual Field Trips right in your classroom. Contact Mike Wright for assistance.
DMP Cart (Auditorium Only)
Available for projection of presentations or playing audio in the auditorium. Contact Deb Howard for assistance.
Wireless Laptop Carts (2-4)
24 wireless, internet-capable laptops in a cart. Use anytime you need an entire classroom set of computers for projects, research, Kidbiz, Bookflix, etc.
Computer Lab (LMC) (1-4)
A classroom set of 28 desktop computers, smartboard, projector.
Document Scanners (K-4: teachers)
Used for converting documents to digital format.Located in the LMC.See Deb Howard for assistance.
- Accelerated Reader (K-4) Level books and assessments. Comprehension and vocabulary quizzes.Ties to Scott Foresman reading series.
- Star Literacy (2,3,4) Literacy assessment tool.
- Star Early Literacy (K,1,2) Literacy assessment tool.
- Math Facts in a Flash (2,3,4) Math practice and assessment
Book Flix (K-4) Paired fiction and non-fiction texts based on a theme.Includes follow up activities, related websites, author information, can read text to students.
- Brain Pop and Brain Pop Jr. (K-4) All subjects. Good for introduction of new material and review. Includes leveled quizzes, writing component, vocab word wall, printable materials and other activities.
- Discovery Streaming (K-4) Searchable video library.
- Teaching Books (K-4) Summary or guide to teaching books. Includes lesson plan ideas and video/audio links.
Starfall (PreK-1) Letter and sound recognition, some blending, small word identification.Work book available.
RTI/Spec Ed. Approval necessary prior to use.
- Earobics (K-4) Phonemic training.
- Kurzweil (K-4) Text reader/writer, auditory. feedback to writing.
- Dragon Naturally Speaking (2-4) Text to auditory, speech to text.
- Living Books (K-4) Interactive stories with vocabulary.Students can read independently or the software will read for them.Sign out CDs from LMC.
- EdMark –
Island Adventure(K-1)Pre-reading program.Letter recognition and sounds, some sight words.
- Ocean Adventure (1-2) Stories, phonics, the next level of reading.Sign out CDs from LMC.
Reader Rabbit (K-3) Three different levels for all abilities.This program runs from the NAL.
Sight Words (K-1)Computer based flash cards for common sight words.
Jumpstart Series (K-2)Interactive reading and math activities and educational games.Sign out CDs from LMC.
Freddi Fish (K-4)
Type To Learn (2-4) Teaches typing skills through lessons and games. This program runs from the NAL.
Zoombinis (3-4) Individual critical thinking skill activities.This program runs from the NAL.