Our teachers at Delevan Elementary have worked countless hours to refine lessons and to research best practices that will promote student engagement. We will continue with the vision of School Wide Literacy and incorporate a thematic reading celebration that includes all grade levels and special areas. Our dedicated staff, students and parents have been working extremely hard to increase student achievement and we are definitely headed in the right direction! We have moved up fifty-five spots in the Business First rankings in one year and a total of seventy-seven places in three years. We have become very well versed in the Common Core ELA and Math curriculum. It’s exciting that we can start our 5th year together and continue right where we left off in all curriculum areas. If you have questions about the grade level curriculum please do not hesitate to contact your child’s teacher.
Below you will find the curriculum used and helpful resources to assist you with questions you may have.
K-4 Curriculum: Reading (90 Minutes- Balanced Literacy)
- Grades K-2 NYS ELA Modules (Core Knowledge Language Arts)
- Grades 3-4 NYS ELA Modules (Expeditionary Learning)
- Four Blocks of Reading Instruction
- Grades K-4 NYS Math Modules
- Lucy Calkins Writer’s Workshop
Universal Pre Kindergarten Curriculum:
- Pages 1-2 Eligibility of students Participating in a UPK program
- Pages 2-3 Curricular expectations
- Page 5 Teacher qualifications; Class size and snacks
- Page 6 Parental Involvement