5th and 6th Grade Orchestra
Being in Orchestra, students experience playing and learning in large and small group settings. Being involved in both are essential for the progression of our students.
- Lessons are an essential part to our students learning process.
- Students will have a small group lesson once per week and are provided a schedule at beginning of the year showing them when their lessons are.
- The lessons are based on a rotating schedule, which means your child will only miss the same period once every six weeks.
- Students are expected to bring their music, a pencil, and instrument to every lesson.
- Orchestra rehearsals will take place every other day at the very last period of the day (12th period).
- Rehearsals are when all of the orchestra members in their grade come together and learn to perform. Their learn how to play in a large ensemble, something they don't experience in lessons alone.
- Students are expected to bring their music, a pencil, and instruments to every rehearsal.
The Importance of Music Education (TED Talk)