Kindergarten music centers around children exploring music through singing, movement and playing instruments. We also do a special unit on the opera version of Hansel and Gretel.
- Understanding how pitch, loudness, duration, and timbre effect singing voice
- Understanding playing music alone or in groups
- Understanding being part of a learning community
- Understanding similarities and differences between music of all cultures
- Understanding music through listening for specific musical elements
- Understanding individual elements that make up a musical composition
- Understanding the representative abilities of music