By the end of this course students will be able to:
- Understand the importance of the Periodic Table of the Elements, how it came to be, and its role in organizing chemical information.
- Understand basic chemical concepts such as stoichiometry, states of matter, atomic structure, molecular structure and bonding, organic chemistry, electrochemistry, nuclear chemistry, equilibrium and kinetics.
- Explain why matter and energy can neither be created nor destroyed.
- Quantitatively solve problems.
- Use laboratory equipment and techniques to carry out experiments.
- Follow proper procedures for safe handling, use, and disposal of chemicals and practice safe laboratory procedure.
- Maintain proper records of laboratory activities.