Health Rules & Policies
- All students are required to by fully immunized per NYS. Please feel free to check with myself or your child's health care provider if you are unsure if your child has met all the immunization requirements. Notices will be sent home with students that have not provided proof of this.
- All UPK, K, 2nd, 4th and all new students are required to have a physical that is less than 365 days on file. Notices will be sent home with those that have not provided sufficient documentation. If you prefer your child has his/her physical done at school, please let me know. Out of state physicals can not be accepted.
- Medication's given during the school day require a doctor's order and signed parent's permission. All medications must be transported to school by an adult, students may NOT transport medications to school.
- After an illness, students should be fever free (without the use of fever reducing medication) for 24 hours before returning to school. If your child is being treated with antibiotics, typically the antibiotics should be taken for a full 24 hours before returning to school. Check with your health care provider for specific return to school information.
- If your child is having any type of surgical procedure please let me know prior to the surgery.
- If your child has sutures or staples they will be excused from physical education and outdoor activity until cleared by a doctor.
- If your child has a sprain or fracture they will be excused from physical education and outdoor activity until cleared by a doctor.
- If your child has a concussion they will be excused from physical education and outdoor activity until cleared by a doctor.
- Any child excused from physical education by a doctor will not be permitted to return to physical education until cleared by a doctor.
- All return to play documentation must be in written form from a doctor. No verbal return to play instructions will be accepted.
- Students MUST have sneakers to participate in physical education and outdoor activities.
Thank you for helping us keep our students safe and healthy. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at any time.