Our Health Office
- Health screenings are performed as mandated by the State of New York Education Department. Vision, hearing, and scoliosis are done per these guidelines. They are also performed at the request of a teacher or parent.
- All students are required to be fully immunized per NYS. Please feel free to check with myself or your child's health care provider if you are unsure if they've met all the immunization requirements. Notices will be sent home with those student that have not provided proof of this.
- All UPK or K, 1st, 3rd grade and all new students are required to have a physical on record that is less than 365 days old. Notices will be sent home with those who have not provided sufficient documentation. If you prefer your child has his/her physical done at school, please let me know. Out of state physicals can not be accepted.
- Medications given at school require a doctor's order and signed parent's permission. All medications must be transported to school by an adult, students may NOT transport medications to school.
- As part of the required school health examination a student's weight and height is measured. These numbers are used to figure out their body mass index (BMI). On occasion our school is chosen to report this data to NYS. No names and no information about individual students are sent. However, you may choose to have your child's information excluded from this survey report. If you do not wish to have your child's weight status included as part of this summary please call or e-mail me.