Extra help is available! I am available after school, as needed. Each week, I will post the days I am staying after school on the board in my room. It is up to the students to take advantage of the help that is offered. The following is a list of tips to help students be successful. Parents, please encourage your teen to follow through with these.
- Be in class every day. If you must miss class, make up the work as soon as possible.
- Be on time for class. Remember homework does not count if you are late without a pass.
- Be prepared with everything you need for class (binder, pen, pencil, paper, homework).
- Stay focused in class and in den. Make the most of your time.
- Do your own homework every day. Do NOT copy someone else's homework. If you are copying, you are NOT learning.
- Always put papers where they belong. Stay on top of being organized....don't let papers pile up!
- Stay after school to get help as soon as you need it.....DO NOT WAIT! Avoid the "snowball effect".
- Make corrections to graded homework assignments. Remember that corrections are due no later than the day of the module exam.
- STUDY, STUDY, STUDY! This requires doing practice problems, studying vocabulary, memorizing procedures and knowing your graphing calculator steps. Focus on your weak areas. Cramming the night before or morning of a quiz or exam is not effective studying. Study over several days!
- View your education as a privilege, not a chore. A positive attitude can make all the difference!
YOU (and only you) are responsible for your learning. Don't look back on your freshman year wishing you had done things differently. Always work to the best of your ability!