Tips for Student Success
Make education and learning a priority in your home. Try doing the following:
- Help your child maintain a good attendance record. When absent, call teacher to arrange for missed work to be sent home.
- Encourage your child to read at home on a daily basis. Read with them!
- Take time to practice math facts daily. In third grade it is all about fluency!
- Limit television and video games to a minimum.
- Designate a time and a place for homework to be completed on a daily basis. Check over your child's work and help him/her as needed. This cuts down on correction time in the classroom.