7th grade science focuses on life science, or biology. Some of the units we will cover this year include:
- What is Science? – We will learn about the different areas of science and how each of you has the characteristics of a scientist!
- Science Tools & Skills – We will learn to use the metric system, microscopes, and other laboratory equipment.
- Microworld – We will dive into the building blocks of life (cells) and all of their parts.
- Genetics – We will learn about DNA and how the traits that make you who you are get passed down from generation to generation.
- Evolution & Natural Selection – We will study Darwin’s theory and how species have changed and continue to change over time.
- Classification/Taxonomy – We will learn about how scientists keep track of the millions of species on Earth.