http://www.brainpop.com· Watch videos and do related activities
Great skills practice by grade level
· Subscription is required but this site offers wonderful video resources.
· There is a free homework help portion. Click on students then on free
· A great tool to help students study their spelling words
· Read books, a great variety of classic and contemporary, online
complete with illustrations and when you finish a book, a book is
donated to a child in need
· Challenge your student to become a top speller
· Covers all concepts of reading
· Dr. Seuss’ website
· Author, Jan Brett's website
· Listen to and watch famous actors read books
· Interactive site that teaches children how to read and comprehend.
· There are two parts: the first focuses on teaching children to read and
the second teaches comprehension.
· Subscription is required.
· Great site to use to teach children phonics
· Students love this website! It is geared toward older children (grade 3
and up) though.
· Practice using a hundred board
· Challenges students to read clocks
· Lots of fun math games
· Covers all math concepts in a fun way. Subscription required.
· Practice counting money
· Monterey Bay Aquarium web cams
· San Diego Zoo web cameras
· African animal web cameras
· Georgia Aquarium web cameras, including whale sharks!
· National Geographic Kids
· Science Videos
· Magic School Bus
· AccuWeather Kids
· Solids, Liquids, Gases
· Build your own neighborhood
· Ben’s Guide to US Government
· Earth Cam—watch live video from all over the world
· Design a satellite
· The National Archives Experience
· Time for Kids