8th Grade Social Studies
GIMKIT COLD WAR REVIEW: https://www.gimkit.com/play?a=5b0d3fdfd198d800232e62af
GIMKIT COLD WAR REVIEW ($1,000,000 Challege): https://www.gimkit.com/play?a=5b0eda0b30d0d50023483e67
GIMKIT COLD WAR REVIEW ($5,000,000 Challege):
This year 8th grade students will continue their study of American History beginning with westward expansion. Our curriculum will take us through the rest of the 19th century then through the entire 20th century and up to the modern era.
Unit 1: Reconstruction and Civil Rights
Unit 2: Industrialization and Immigration
Unit 3: The United States Looks Overseas
Unit 4: 1920s and Great Depression
Unit 5: World War II
Unit 6: The Cold War
Unit 7: Entering a New Millennium
At the end of each unit students will take a unit test that is modeled on the former NYS 8th grade Social Studies assessment.As we look to continue implementation of the Common Core standards students will be encouraged to develop strong written communication skills in all subject areas. Throughout the course of the year students will complete several Thematic and Document Based Question (DBQ)essays. These essays require students to analyze documents, plan, and write a well developed essay. There is a specific graphic organizer and grading rubric that will used for these essays.
1. On a separate piece of paper or typed on the computer, rewrite each incorrect answer as a complete sentence.
2. Staple your corrections to your original test.
3. You will receive half of your points back for each corrected answer.
4) Which amendment guarantees that prisoners won’t be tortured while in jail?
4) The eighth amendment guarantees that prisoners won’t be tortured while in jail.