Many parents whose sons/daughters have been accepted at the college of their choice attribute this partly to their success in the challenging PLTW pre-engineering program. During the college application process, admissions officers look favorably on a student who has completed college-level courses. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com or to call at (585) 475-4609.You may also contact Mr. Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 1504 or Mr. Kress at email@example.com ,ext.1511.
- Students earning an 85% grade or higher in IED, POE, DE, CEA, and CIM, and scoring 70% or higher on the year end college credit exam (must take parts A and C) may register for RIT credit.
- The decision to apply for college credit can be made after the exam has been taken and scored. The college credit portion of the exam is administered by the student's teacher as part of the final course exam. The RIT college credit grade is based solely on the combined scores of Part A and Part C of the final exam and not on the course grade. Therefore, the grade a student receives in the high school course may differ from the college credit grade. We urge the teachers to let the students know their college credit scores so they can make an informed decision. If a student subsequently attends RIT, the college credit would be counted towards his/her overall grade point average. If a student attends another university, the course credits may be transferred without the letter grade.
- Important: Any student who successfully takes a course in the current academic year must take the exam at the end of the course and register for college credit by November 15th. of that year.
- The total tuition charge for each course is $200. RIT is on the quarter system so each course is worth four credits. At semester schools, each course would be equal three semester credits.
- Each course would cost about $5000.00 for a matriculated full time student at RIT, this saves you about $4800.00 by receiving college credit through PCS.
- RIT will send the student a grade report at the end of the quarter in which he/she registers (NOTE: the IED/DDP course will be listed on the grade report as Solid Modeling.) Students who apply to colleges other than RIT may request, at no cost, that a transcript be sent to those schools by completing a Transcript Request Form at http://www.rit.edu/~605www/pdfs/transcript.pdf
- Note: All colleges and universities across the country establish their own policies for accepting transfer credits. All RIT colleges should be able to accept a minimum of three of the PLTW courses, most likely as 'free electives.'