School Supply List for Second Graders at AESHello Families!
I am so glad to welcome your child to second grade! We will have a busy and productive year together! As we begin the new school year, each child will need certain supplies.Please know that all of the items listed are very important to your child’s schoolwork and should be brought in on the first day of school. Please make sure that your child’s name is only on the items noted.Also, you will need to purchase or make a set of addition and subtraction flashcards (facts 0-20). You received a paper set of addition facts with your child's report card to get you started. Your child will need to practice these on a nightly basis until they are memorized. This is a New York State Common Core requirement for second grade. It is a good idea for your child begin practicing over the summer!
SECOND GRADE SUPPLY LISTITEMS TO SEND WITHOUT YOUR CHILD’S NAME:
These supplies may need to be replaced during the year.
- 24 #2 pencils (Please sharpen, if possible.)
- 1 large package of pencil eraser tops
- 8 glue sticks
- 2 boxes of unscented tissues
- 2 1-inch Clear-View 3-ring binders (ANY COLOR) (clear pocket on the front and back, NO FLEXIBLE COVER, PLEASE)
ITEMS TO BE MARKED WITH YOUR CHILD’S NAME:
- 4 pack dry erase markers (dark colors-broad/wide tip)
- 1 yellow highlighter (broad/wide tip)
- 1 black and white marble composition notebook
- 8 pack broad tip primary color markers
- 8 pack fine tip primary color markers
- 1 (4 oz.) bottle of Elmer’s white glue
- 1 (24 count) Crayola crayons (Tip: Buy an extra pack for the spring.)
- 2 pads of Post-It notes (3”x3”, light color)
- 1 GOOD pair of scissors (Tip: Fiskars work the best and last well!)
- clean, empty frosting container and lid (Please wash and remove label.)
THESE ARE ITEMS YOUR CHILD WILL NEED EACH DAY:
Optional: 1 pair of ear buds or headphones in a baggie (Please be sure that they fit your child’s ears.)
- daily snack
- water bottle (Please make sure it closes tightly.)
- art smock (an old shirt is fine)
- bookbag or backpack (should fit in our lockers, please)
PLEASE SEND ITEMS IN A BAG.
PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE A PENCIL BOX.
I will provide your child with a supply drawer to use for the year.
THANK YOU! HERE’S TO A WONDERFUL YEAR TOGETHER!