What can parents do to help?There are several things that parents can do to help their children succeed in school. Some are listed below:
- Put homework time into the afternoon or evening schedule, and stick to it.
- Make sure your child has a quiet place to work that has everything he or she needs to complete homework.
- Check your child's agenda for homework assignments and any notes from his or her teachers.
- Stay in touch with your child's teachers. Email is a great communication tool. Another option is to sign up for Parent Portal and check it regularly. (To sign up for Parent Portal, a parent must come in to school and sign up with the secretary in the Counseling Center. Picture ID is required.)
- Check the school's website for your child's teachers' or team's website. They often post important information, including assignments, on those pages.